Avoid Craft Show Scams
Avoid Craft Show Scams
In this blog post, we’ll go over some tips to help you avoid being scammed when signing up for a craft show, how to spot scammers on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, and what to do if you’ve been scammed.
Be on the lookout for these red flags :
- Poor graphic quality on the post.
- This can be a sign that the images are stolen. Look for things such as mismatched font on event dates, misspelled words, incorrect grammar, fuzzy photos. If is looks suspicious, investigate further!
- The person posting is too new.
- Look to see how long the organizer has been a member of Facebook/Instagram and if in a group, how long they have been in the group. A lack of social media history may indicate a spammer.
- You receive a personal message asking you to participate in an event.
- Fully vet the person who sent the message. Do you know them or have friends in common? Are they associated with the event/organization? Check them out!
- Request for payment is urgent or aggressive.
- Many times a scammer will try to pressure you into sending a payment quickly or you will lose the spot or opportunity. Red flag- slow down and investigate!
- Payment method using apps.
- Scammers want a fast, easy, and possibly untraceable method to get your money. They may ask for money without an application or approval process to quickly reserve your spot. Don’t fall for this pressure.
- Sounds too good to be true.
- If it sounds too good, it may be a scam! Large, organized shows will charge booth fees accordingly. If you are offered a large booth at a multi-day show for a small fee, suspect a scam!
Learn more Craft Show strategies
With years of experience, I’m now teaching you how to have a successful craft show season. Inside the Craft Show Masterclass I share all of my best strategies for tried and true success.
Keywords: craft show scams, how to spot a scammer, avoiding craft show scams, recovering from craft show scams, social media scams, Facebook scams, Instagram scams, legitimate craft shows.
Crafty Creations, LLC
Beautiful wreaths and florals, fundamentals of wreathmaking, successful craft show strategies, and more!
Join the mailing list for all the latest updates from Crafty Creations Wreath Shop, Karen’s Creative Crew, Craft Show Masterclass, and Crafty Weekend Warriors!
Craft Show Masterclass – Successful Craft Shows – Craftshow Masterclass – Karen Gresham – Craft Show Karen – Craft Show Masterclass Karen